We ask that each of our members take the following oath:
“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I do support and will obey and defend the constitution of the United States, and the constitution of the state of New York."
We ask that each of our members adhere to the following set of beliefs:
- Our Constitutions are about power between the People and the Government.
- The ultimate power in our society is meant to rest with the People.
- An individual’s Rights end where another person’s Rights begin.
- The People institute Government to secure their Rights.
- Government power comes from the consent of the governed.
- The struggle between government Authority and individual Liberty is ongoing.
- As government gains ground, liberty loses ground.
- The balance between Liberty and government power must be equal.
- Checks and balances are a trademark of our constitutional republics.
- Our State and Federal Constitutions cannot defend themselves.
- Defense of our Constitutions is up to the People.
- Every provision of our Constitutions represents a guaranteed individual Right.
- It has become increasingly difficult for Individuals and small groups to hold government accountable to their State and Federal Constitutions;
- Today, to hold Government accountable, a critical mass is needed.
- The way our system of governance is now working is in sharp contrast to the way it is designed to work;
- We don’t change our Constitutions by ignoring them;
- Unconstitutional behavior by Government officials is our fault; the People have allowed it to happen due in large part to inadequate civic education in our public schools;
- The People have always had the ultimate power in America and have always been the final arbiters of constitutionality.